Volunteering at Bluemoon Backpackers South Africa
Volunteering in South Africa is much more than just a vacation trip! South Africa gives you a new way of life and will quickly captivate you. Let yourself be infected by this multi-faceted and fascinating world. Your volunteer work in South Africa means for you a colorful mix of different cultures, breathtaking nature and unforgettable experiences.
As a volunteer in South Africa you will experience the sunny sides of one of the most fascinating travel destinations in the world, but also get insights into a socially weak system. South Africa has been on the way to becoming a functioning democracy since the end of apartheid. However, active support is still needed in social, craft and conservation alike.
During your stay as a volunteer you will get to know the town of Cullinan, which impresses with its unique surroundings. However, there are poor communities in the outskirts of Cullinan. Here are the so-called townships. With your social commitment in one of our volunteer service projects, you will provide active support and get to know the boundless hospitality and joie de vivre of South Africans!
Volunteering in South Africa at a glance
Possible volunteer project
- Craft Projects: Caretaker Project
- Conservation: nursery for reforestation
- Animal welfare: work with animals, wildlife project,
- Further projects possible on request
- Age: From 18 years
- Location: Cullinan and surroundings
- Registration: min. 2 months before departure
- Participation: max. 12 months
- Accommodation: Volunteer Home, Backpackers
- Positions: social, craft, wildlife
Let yourself be infected by the South African cheerfulness and become one of them from the outside guest. The quickest way to do this is to pick one or the other ritual from the locals: „Molo Sisi“ (literally: „hello sister!“) Or „Molo Bhuti“ (literally, „hello brother!“), Two strokes with his fist on his heart and finally the sign of the Trinity. This kind of welcome, which is widely used in Cullinan, will open the door to the hearts of people!
Teamwork, social engagement and enjoyment of working in an extraordinary country – is that what you are looking for? Then you are exactly right to volunteer in South Africa. No matter how much experience you have and how your life has gone so far – with your commitment you can make a difference!
Project information Voluntary service in South Africa
- Start: flexible
- Duration of use: 1 – 12 months
- Project locations: Cullinan and surroundings
- Accommodation: Volunteer Home, Apartment, You are welcome to choose the type of accommodation you prefer, but the arrangement is subject to availability)
- Language skills: Knowledge of English is required for participation
- Certificate: At the end of your voluntary work, you will receive a confirmation of participation, which is recognized by universities and universities.
If you have any further questions about volunteering in South Africa or the internship South Africa, just contact us!